Re: Exporting diary-sexps into icalendar file

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: Exporting diary-sexps into icalendar file
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2022 05:59:52 +0000

Stephen Eglen <sje30@cam.ac.uk> writes:

> I have a simple file, notes.org, with the following content.  (This is
> the example from the org mode manual).

> * 22:00-23:00 The nerd meeting on every 2nd Thursday of the month
>   <%%(diary-float t 4 2)>
>
> and this entry then appears once/month in the org agenda, as expected.
> However, when I export to ics, the notes.ics file is effectively empty:

> BEGIN:VCALENDAR
> VERSION:2.0
> X-WR-CALNAME:notes
> PRODID:-//Stephen Eglen//Emacs with Org mode//EN
> X-WR-TIMEZONE:BST
> CALSCALE:GREGORIAN
> END:VCALENDAR

> I have org-icalendar-include-sexps set to t
>
> Any clues what could be going wrong?

org-icalendar-include-sexps only considers sexp entries, not diary-style
timestamps.

Also, org-icalendar-with-timestamps does not include diary-style
timestamps by default. Only normal active timestamps.

You can try to customize org-icalendar-with-timestamps to t.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,