Re: Request for feedback: ox-linuxmag

From: Damien Cassou
Subject: Re: Request for feedback: ox-linuxmag
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2022 21:45:16 +0200

> Why not using org-export-define-derived-backend?

I didn't know this function exist. I changed the code to use it.

> Also, linuxmag might be confused with…

What do you think about ox-linuxmag-fr as package name and linuxmag-fr
as exporter name?

>> (defconst ox-linuxmag--resources-dir
>>   (expand-file-name "resources" (file-name-directory (or load-file-name
>> (buffer-file-name))))
>>   "Directory containing the style and template XML files.")
>
> This will spoil the installation dir.

What do you mean by that? Do you have a different way to do it? The odt
exporter contains a similar variable and external files (see
`org-odt-lib-dir`).

> Your template function has side effects. Side effects are usually
> implemented inside the export function. like ox-linuxmag--export-to-odt

I guess you are referring to `ox-linuxmag--write-meta-file` and
`ox-linuxmag--write-styles-file`. I would be happy to move them to the
export function but they depend on `info` and I don't know how to get
that from there. Also, I copy/pasted the structure of ox-odt which does
something similar in `org-odt-template`.

Any recommendation?

>> ox-linuxmag--export-to-odt
>
> Why is it marked as private function? By convention, Org exporters
> provide public function to export programatically.

You are perfectly right. This is now fixed.

Thank you very much for helping me improve the code! I really appreciate
the time and effort.

--
Damien Cassou

losing enthusiasm." --Winston Churchill