Re: Problems running ob-julia tests (testing/test-ob-julia.el)

From: Christian Köstlin
Subject: Re: Problems running ob-julia tests (testing/test-ob-julia.el)
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2022 00:30:29 +0200

On Wed, Oct 19, 2022 at 3:32 AM Ihor Radchenko <yantar92@posteo.net> wrote:

> Pedro Bruel <pedro.bruel@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > I believe the ob-julia version we have on orgmode does not support sessions.
>
> There is definitely session support in lisp/ob-julia.el. ob-julia does
> define org-babel-load-session:julia and org-babel-prep-session:julia.
>
> Session support is even tested in testing/lisp/test-ob-julia.el
> For example, in test-ob-julia/session-multiline.
>
> ob-julia documentation also declares full session support:
> https://orgmode.org/worg/org-contrib/babel/languages/ob-doc-julia.html
>
> For context, Christian is helping us to setup automatic CI tests for Org
> and we are now experiencing some issues with tests for babel languages.
> Those tests are normally disabled as they require external packages,
> which is why the problem was not noticed in the past.
>
> --
> Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
> Org mode contributor,
> Learn more about Org mode at <https://orgmode.org/>.
> Support Org development at <https://liberapay.com/org-mode>,
> or support my work at <https://liberapay.com/yantar92>

I looked some more into testing/lisp/test-ob-julia.el. And it
seems for me, that the file was not completely ported over from python.
There are still python examples in it + some of the tests, are only
there, because they we're written for python (e.g.
test-ob-julia/insert-necessary-blank-line-when-sending-code-to-interpreter).

I could get hello worlds without session running (:reports output).
When I try :reports value I do not get good results.

ATM I am testing with emacs28 and julia 1.4.1 and org-mode master

Kind regards,
Christian