Re: A couple of `org-priority' fixes

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: A couple of `org-priority' fixes
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2022 03:13:44 +0000

Alex Giorev <alex.giorev@gmail.com> writes:

> I found a couple of problems in org-priority, I think these patches fix
> them.

Thanks for the very clean patches and sorry for the late reply.

> - The first patch is truly minor, it just adds a bit to the docstring
> - The problem which prompted the second patch arises when all priorities
> are lowercase (you can test this by evaluating (setq org-priority-highest
> ?a org-priority-lowest ?z org-priority-default ?o) and then trying to set
> the priority to some lowercase letter)
> - The problem solved by the third patch arises when numerical priorities
> are used and 32 is given as the argument, 32 being the character code of
> the space character, because that character is used to signal property
> removal.

I have tested your patches using make test (see
https://orgmode.org/worg/org-contribute.html#first-patch) and it appears
that your patches break removing priority from a headline.

Can you please fix this issue?

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,