Re: Org 9.6-pre and Bash sessions

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: Org 9.6-pre and Bash sessions
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2022 08:34:42 +0000

Rudolf Adamkovič <salutis@me.com> writes:

> :
> : > > hello
>
> on the subsequent runs.
>
> Better than the new version but still wrong. :)

And this is what drove me crazy during debugging. I do not understand
the logic of all that ob-comint code.

I have identified that the hang happens because Org does not change PS2
prompt. Just PS1. But fixing this would yield to

: org_babel_sh_prompt> org_babel_sh_prompt> hello

Then, I tried to see how the original code works. And it does not
:facepalm:

I asked emacs-devel
https://yhetil.org/emacs-devel/87y1tgqhmc.fsf@localhost/T/#u

No clue how to read the script output programatically in comint buffer.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,