Re: Get the "closest" property value

From: George Mauer
Subject: Re: Get the "closest" property value
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2022 08:31:08 -0500

Thanks a lot Ihor, while that doesn't seem to "cascade" upwards, it was enough of a clue to get me there. What i'm looking for is (org-entry-get (point) "workspace-directory" 't) with the third "inherit" parameter set

Thanks again! That's going to open up a few new workflows for me.

On Wed, Oct 12, 2022 at 4:29 AM Ihor Radchenko <yantar92@gmail.com> wrote:
George Mauer <gmauer@gmail.com> writes:

> If I have a document what looks like the following. What code could I run
> for the ??? to get the property value for "workspace-directory" that is
> closest in the outline to the location running the code?
>
> * Top Level
>   :PROPERTIES:
>   :workspace-directory: /tmp
>   :END:
>
>    #+begin_src emacs-lisp
>    #+end_src

#+begin_src emacs-lisp :var prop-value=(org-entry-get (point) "workspace-directory")
prop-value
#+end_src

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,