Re: SQLite for contacts and relations to Org - Re: contact management in

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: SQLite for contacts and relations to Org - Re: contact management in emacs
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2022 09:12:54 +0300

* Quiliro Ordóñez <quiliro@riseup.net> [2022-10-09 22:10]:
> I agree.  But the end-user did not construct this program.  It was you.
> I coould learn how to install it.  Then, I should teach the end-user to
> use it.  But the program was not made or installed by the end-user.  I
> might be able to teach the end-user to modify it.  But I doubt it.

I will make a package so that you just install it and can start
managing people.

> What I mean is that end-users must have an easy entry point.  Of course
> that ease must not hide innner workings because that would disempower
> the end-user.  How do you propose it could be implemented? (if you agree
> it should be done this way, of course)

Inner workings are pretty much hidden unless user is programmer. Emacs
is difficult, then there is underlying Emacs Lisp, then C language,
then operating system, and stuff.

Maybe you mean somthing else with inner workings?

> > I have actually shown to you how it works, so you have to imagine that
> > all that may be part of the package. Especially with SQLite databases
> > there is nothing to configure.
>
> Not much to do.  Just installing SQLite and then the program you
> propose.

I did not try any SQLite package, just used the built-in functions in
Emacs development version. Which packag did you install?

--
Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns

In support of Richard M. Stallman