Re: test-org-table/sort-lines: Failing test on macOS

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: test-org-table/sort-lines: Failing test on macOS
Date: Sun, 09 Oct 2022 11:59:25 +0800

[I am adding Rudolf's email back to CC just in case]

>> Should we then modify the test to set locale explicitly?
>
> Rudolf cited the context of this test and "C" locale is explicitly used
> there.

Oops. Missed it. Thanks for the clarification.

>> Note that Rudolf is using Emacs 29.
>
> and macOS, so libc and locales version may be different as well.

[Max, correct me if my further suggestion is wrong.]

Rudolf, can you (1) try sort in terminal to confirm that "C" locale
behaves as expected in MacOS; (2) If sort works fine, you may consider
reporting Emacs bug.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,