Re: [BUG] Erroneous link highlighting in src blocks (9.5.5-geeae6e)

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: [BUG] Erroneous link highlighting in src blocks (9.5.5-geeae6e)
Date: Sun, 09 Oct 2022 11:48:55 +0800

Tim Loderhose <tim@loderhose.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> In recent org, org-highlight-links including 'bracket' will hide content
> with double brackets inside src blocks.
> A vanilla config loading 9.5.5 org (I did this through straight.el) can
> reproduce this with a
> minimal org file including just:
>
> #+begin_src python
> [[a]]
> #+end_src
>
> The brackets will be hidden.

Thanks for reporting!

This is related to the new folding engine that broke the brittle balance
of current regexp-based Org fontification.

In general, fontification issues are numerous in Org and have to be
fixed by a complete rewrite of our fontification system. See
https://orgmode.org/list/87ee7c9quk.fsf@localhost

However, in a view of upcoming Org release, I am going to fix this
particular issue now. It is not too difficult.

Fixed on main now.
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs/org-mode.git/commit/?id=41a409f79d07fe7a3e8c5f934b97e4a2884bf948

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,