Re: Propertize some navigational keybindings

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: Propertize some navigational keybindings
Date: Sat, 08 Oct 2022 15:03:28 +0800

Rudolf Adamkovič <salutis@me.com> writes:

> Howdy, howdy!
>
> Please review the attached patch that propertizes (i.e. adds style to)
> the navigational keybindings displayed in the header of the Org Export
> dispatch UI.

Thanks!

> +     (setq cursor-type nil)
> +        (setq header-line-format
> +              (apply 'format
> +                     (cons "Use %s, %s, %s, or %s to navigate."
> +                           (mapcar (lambda (key)
> +                                     (propertize key 'face
> 'help-key-binding))
> +                                   (list "SPC" "DEL" "C-n" "C-p")))))

I think that the most thorough way to add this feature is following what
`help--key-description-fontified' does (we should not call this internal
function though):

(defun help--key-description-fontified (keys &optional prefix)
  "Like `key-description' but add face for \"*Help*\" buffers.
KEYS is the return value of `(where-is-internal \\='foo-cmd nil t)'.
Return nil if KEYS is nil."
  (when keys
    ;; We add both the `font-lock-face' and `face' properties here, as this
    ;; seems to be the only way to get this to work reliably in any
    ;; buffer.
    (propertize (key-description keys prefix)
                'font-lock-face 'help-key-binding
                'face 'help-key-binding)))

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,