Re: watch YT videos through in Emacs [Was: Interest in an Org video meet

From: Juan Manuel Macías
Subject: Re: watch YT videos through in Emacs [Was: Interest in an Org video meetup?]
Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2022 13:17:01 +0000

Hola, Quirilo,

Quiliro Ordóñez writes:

>> There is the YouTube option, which I imagine no one would like (me
>> neither). The only thing in its favor is that Invidious can be used to
>> watch the videos. BTW, I watch YT videos through Invidious in Emacs,
>> with the Ytel package and EMMS/MPV.
>
> Nice.  Is there a guide to do this specificly?

I have written a bunch of homemade hacks for ytel, including the ability
to display video thumbnails in the results. I explain all the details on
my blog, here:

https://gnutas.juanmanuelmacias.com/ytel_invidious.html

The post is in Spanish. If anyone is interested in this topic, I can
write a version in English.

Best regards,

Juan Manuel