Re: [HELP] Fwd: Org format as a new standard source format for GNU manua

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: [HELP] Fwd: Org format as a new standard source format for GNU manuals
Date: Mon, 03 Oct 2022 12:23:14 +0800

Juan Manuel Macías <maciaschain@posteo.net> writes:

> And how about this:
>
> %_name{<contents>}
> %_name{{<contents>}}  <--- extra {} is added as needed for escaping
> %_name[:key value ...]{<contents>}
>
> or any other symbol instead of "%" ?
>
> N.B.: I must admit this is more for an "aesthetic" reason. Although
> perhaps it can be useful to search in the documents.

I have to admit that I am not a big fan of underscore in _name myself.
Just wanted to keep some resemblance of src_name{<contents>} yet not
making things too verbose (like block_name{<contents>}).

If I were to choose an alternative symbol other than "_", I'd choose
"@":

@name{<contents>}
@name{{<contents}}
@name[:key value ...]{<contents>}