Re: [HELP] Fwd: Org format as a new standard source format for GNU manua

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: [HELP] Fwd: Org format as a new standard source format for GNU manuals
Date: Sun, 02 Oct 2022 12:59:55 +0800

>> This can help with escaping syntax and spaces in verbatim.
>
> It should be enough to create nested "code" or "verbatim" inline objects
> with some attribute like :class file, :class var, :class dfn, etc.
> Export backend may interpret this attribute to create proper texinfo
> commands or more precisely choose HTML element.
>
>> I do recall you mentioned this idea in one of the earlier threads.
>> https://orgmode.org/list/sokqa3$e8s$1@ciao.gmane.io
>> Max Nikulin (2021-12-06)
>> Subject: Raw Org AST snippets for "impossible" markup
>
> It was using links, not source blocks. Typing AST directly is a kind of
> last resort. Now I am writing about some higher level markup with a
> parser that allows nested element and uses just a few special characters
> to denote commands. It is a kind of trade-off between brevity of
> lightweight markup and flexibility of more verbose language with ability
> to more precisely express intentions.

I am not sure if I understand the details of what you are referring to.

Can you please illustrate how to use the described AST markup for the
following Texinfo snippet:

    By convention, the dynamic library for @var{language} is
    @code{libtree-@{sitter@}-@var{"language"}.@var{ext}}, where @var{ext} is the
    system-specific extension for dynamic libraries.

--
Ihor Radchenko,
Org mode contributor,