Re: Where is Elisp evaluation documented in the Org Manual?

From: Max Nikulin
Subject: Re: Where is Elisp evaluation documented in the Org Manual?
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2022 23:07:31 +0700

On 30/09/2022 21:15, Perry Smith wrote:

I discovered that it can be done like {{{kbd(M-TAB)}}}

Fascinating!!!  And I bet expr in the form of {{{ expr }}} could be any Elisp
expression.  Cool!

But, where in the Org manual is this documented?

See info "(org) Macro Replacement" https://orgmode.org/manual/Macro-Replacement.html

If you are interested in particular in the implementation of kbd then have a look into doc/doc-setup.org and lisp/ox-texinfo.el files in the Org sources.

There are a pitfall with comma as macro argument separator. It is easy to forgot to escape it and to loose remaining arguments.