Re: [HELP] Fwd: Org format as a new standard source format for GNU manua

From: Thomas S. Dye
Subject: Re: [HELP] Fwd: Org format as a new standard source format for GNU manuals
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2022 19:47:01 -1000

Good news. Thanks Ihor. And thanks to Nicolas for his work on ox.

Dear List,

I am forwarding an official email from RMS changing subject line to more
descriptive. See below.

For some context, in order to support specialized syntax for manuals, we may first need to implement the discussed special blocks export and
inline special blocks:
1. https://list.orgmode.org/orgmode/87y1yr9gbl.fsf@gmail.com/
2. https://list.orgmode.org/orgmode/87edzqv4ha.fsf@localhost/

The above links aim to introduce export functionality that we now have
for links to special blocks and new custom markup elements. I am
referring to
1. Ability to create new custom element types programmatically 2. Ability to define how to :export the custom element types

Similar to `org-link-set-parameters'.

Patches and more concrete ideas are welcome!