Re: The Org mode in the Org Git does not export

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: The Org mode in the Org Git does not export
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2022 21:24:11 +0800

Rudolf Adamkovič <salutis@me.com> writes:

> Also, I forgot to mention that Org mode from Org/Git 'main' quietly
> deletes all COMMENT headings from my notebook, including their content
> (!), and inlines all macros.  I have no idea why, but if I did not use
> Git, I would have lost important data.  Scary!

I assure you that there is nothing in Org code that intentionally
deletes things in files without user issuing explicit command.

The only thing that might mess up edits is terribly misbehaving
org-element-cache, but it is safeguarded by self-verification.

Having said that, do note that Emacs 29 currently contains a risky new
feature aiming to optimize buffers with long lines. This can badly
affect Org parser (bug#57207).

May it help if you set long-line-threshold to nil in your config?

--
Ihor Radchenko,
Org mode contributor,