Re: Attempting to create orgcard.org

From: Timothy
Subject: Re: Attempting to create orgcard.org
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2022 15:10:25 +0800

Hi Bastien,

> Timothy, I believe your efforts are worthwhile as a way to provide
> Emacs third-party package maintainers a way to produce a refcard-like
> PDF document for their libraries.  But not for Org, where the refcard
> is really good enough as it is, especially the Emacs sync constraints
> we have right now.
>
> Is that okay with you?

Sure, though the idea here is that this would provide a way we could move
`(org-release)' out of the makefile and fully into elisp.

I’ve done a little test, and defining `org-release' like so in `org-macs.el'
seems
to work quite nicely.

┌────
│ (defalias 'org-release
│   (eval-when-compile
│     (require 'lisp-mnt)
│     (eval
│      `(function
│        (lambda ()
│          "The release version of Org"
│          ,(lm-version "org.el"))))))
└────

As I understand it, `orgcard.tex' is currently the main blocker on us moving
`org-release' out of the makefile like so?

Removing the need to manually ensure that keybindings are up to date and
accurate is a nice bonus.

All the best,
Timothy