Re: Org, Hyperbole, and eev

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: Org, Hyperbole, and eev
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2022 00:16:30 +0300

* Eduardo Ochs <eduardoochs@gmail.com> [2022-09-27 20:22]:
> On Tue, 27 Sept 2022 at 12:11, Jean Louis <bugs@gnu.support> wrote:
> > (...)
>
> Hi Jean Louis,
>
> > Instead of:
> >
> > >   (find-evardescr 'hkey-alist)
> >
> > I would like to see visually:
> >
> > "Description of Emacs Lisp function `hkey-alist'"
>
> In cases like that there would be some key sequence that parses the
> text and the text properties around point and produces a sexp that
> goes to the target of the link when executed. Let me call that sexp
> the "back-end" of the link.

I was thinking only the display would be different while link would be
hidden. Just like Org links.

> I did play with some ways to buttonize back-end sexps, and with some
> ways to parse the text around point to generate these back-end sexps,
> but I didn't find those things much fun, and in all the cases I ended
> up finding nice ways to solve my problems with just explicit sexps,

Yes, you solved problem of hyperlinking, but not of
presentation. While Org has solved it for presentation very well.

I wish to create meta links. Today I have tried figuring out how Org
link work, but I am overwhelmed.

I like to have main source file which can be then converted to many
formats, that way is more creative.

Source file can be viewed or edited, when viewed, it would show links
as presented names. When edited, it could show source links.

But when exported, only names would be exported.

eev links I cannot export into text to be presentable or
understandable.

Right now I have working system where I can insert ⟦ (anything) ⟧ and
in representation it will be shown whatever the function returns
back. It is not a clickable link, rather automatically interpolated
link and displayed as such, but not editable directly.

I have got it working this way:

(defun hyperscope-wrap-eev (name &rest body)
  (with-temp-buffer
    (insert-text-button name
                        'action `(lambda (b) ,@body))
    (buffer-string)))

Source:

⟦ (hyperscope-wrap-eev "Hyperbole DEMO file" '(find-hyperbolefile "DEMO")) ⟧

Visual representation:

Hyperbole DEMO file

Using enter on the link brings me to DEMO file, I can add mouse later.

It uses RCD Template Interpolation System for Emacs:
https://hyperscope.link/3/7/1/3/3/RCD-Template-Interpolation-System-for-Emacs.html

I could shorten it to:

⟦ (rcd-eev "Hyperbole DEMO file" '(find-hyperbolefile "DEMO")) ⟧

and I guess I could that way insert any of your links. 👀

See attached frameshot how it looks like.

Because you are generating buffers on the fly, your, mine and
Hyperbole system would benefit of visual representation of hyperlinks
just as Org does it.

--
Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns