Re: Extract toc from org file

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: Extract toc from org file
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2022 20:47:03 +0800

reza <reza@housseini.me> writes:

>> You may create a function similar to `org-publish-sitemap-default' but
>
>> using `org-list-to-subtree' instead of `org-list-to-org'
>
> Thanks for the pointers, but I can't figure out how to get from there to
> a toc? As I understand, `list' is a list of files from my project and
> `org-list-to-subtree' does add stars to this list. But how do I get all
> sections and subsections from my file to appear here?

Hmm. You are right. Currently, only links to files inside published
project are in the sitemap.

Adding TOC cross-links will not be trivial.
One way could be publishing TOC in individual files and later moving
those TOCs into sitemap. But, say, in html the TOC entries are internal
html links... So things are going to be tricky.

Or you may reuse the code for site index (org-publish-collect-index and
org-publish-index-generate-theindex) but to collect your TOC entries.

If you manage to get something useful about this problem, please let us
know. This kind of feature sounds like something we could add to
ox-publish.

--
Ihor Radchenko,
Org mode contributor,