access to specific instance(s) of past recurring event(s)

From: Saša Janiška
Subject: access to specific instance(s) of past recurring event(s)
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2022 14:16:21 +0200

Hello,

I do use org-mode for many things, but for the task management itself was still depending on Taskwarrior despite its poor support for recurring events.

However, after settling to more Emacs-powered packages, I'd like to replace Taskwarrior with org-mode...

One useful feature of Taskwarrior is that if I have e.g recurring weekly task "upload meeting's recording" and, due to various reasons, I'm simply behind my schedule, I can access **any** of the missed events and not just the oldest one as it seems to be with org-mode.

When looking for some solution I've stumbled upon this (old) post https://karl-voit.at/2017/01/15/org-clone-subtree-with-time-shift/ which utilizes *org-clone-subtree-with-time-shift*.

Now I wonder if there is some other/better solution that has possibly popped up in the meantime?

Sincerely,
Saša

--
A person is said to be elevated in yoga when, having renounced
all material desires, he neither acts for sense gratification