Re: [BUG] org-agenda-list takes 4m compared to 27 that took 15 seconds [

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: [BUG] org-agenda-list takes 4m compared to 27 that took 15 seconds [9.5.2 (release_9.5.2-25-gaf6f12 @ /usr/share/emacs/28.1/lisp/org/)]
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2022 11:20:58 +0800

andrés ramírez <rrandresf@hotmail.com> writes:

> I see. Thanks for the clarification. Then I think I saw it in the past. But
> when You do it. the agenda
> filename appears on the agenda buffer (the agenda filename is large on my
> case) . So I prefer
> give to the entry a short category.
>
> This is my use case:
> ** PE                                                                 :DAVID:
>     :PROPERTIES:
>     :CATEGORY: da.santi
>     :END:
> %%(diary-block 10 1 2022 10 1 2022) 9:00-11:00 retiro.espiritual
> {collaborator.family}
>
> so. the short label 'da.santi' is what appears on my agenda.

What about

** PE :DAVID:
:PROPERTIES:
:CATEGORY: da.santi
:END:
<2022-10-01 Sat>

The long file name you are seeing in agenda is dictated by category in
org-agenda-prefix-format:

       %c the category of the item, "Diary" for entries from the diary, or as
       given by the CATEGORY keyword or derived from the file name

--
Ihor Radchenko,
Org mode contributor,