Re: org-beamer improvement?

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: org-beamer improvement?
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2022 10:41:18 +0800

Guillaume MULLER <guillaume.muller@emse.fr> writes:

> The only thing I miss in org lies in org-beamer: it is the ability to use the
> star '*' in BEARMER_ACT, with something like:
> * my block1
> :PROPERTIES:
> :BEAMER_ACT: *<1>
> :BEAMER_ENV: block
> :END:
> I know block do not natively accept *<1> notation, but it would be great if
> org would detect the * in BEAMER_ACT directive and translate that into some
> code similar to the one I generate manually (#+LATEX + onslide* + shadow
> "ignoreheading "closing block).
>
> Any thoughts on this?

What you are proposing is basically to wrap the environment into
\onslide+ \onslide* or \onslide commands.

These commands are only part of the available generic overlay
specifications in Beamer.

What about allowing something like

:BEAMER_ACT: \command<spec>

that will make Beamer wrap the exported environment like
\command<spec>{exported beamer block}?

Also, note that we are currently discussing a more general way to wrap
elements during export in
https://orgmode.org/list/87czbna4e4.fsf@localhost

--
Ihor Radchenko,