Re: [BUG] org-agenda-list takes 4m compared to 27 that took 15 seconds [

From: andrés ramírez
Subject: Re: [BUG] org-agenda-list takes 4m compared to 27 that took 15 seconds [9.5.2 (release_9.5.2-25-gaf6f12 @ /usr/share/emacs/28.1/lisp/org/)]
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2022 14:55:16 +0000

Hi. Ihor.

[...]

    Ihor> Now, I see what went wrong.  Just pushed a patch that should reduce
the time taken by
    Ihor> `org-diary-sexp-entry' during rebuild.

Thanks.

    Ihor> Can you update and try the profiling again?

Done.

    Ihor> (If this last change works, I am out of ideas about easy ways to
improve performance
    Ihor> further. The only one is a significant change in org-element-at-point
internals, but it
    Ihor> will need to be tested carefully, and I do not plan to upstream it
before the next Org
    Ihor> release).

Do not worry. You have done more than enough. I have notice this delay
from a long time. But nobody else reported it, which is weird. I am
going to wait until emacs-29, for those changes.

Is there any workaround or recomendacion for the emacs-28 users with the
built-in org mode?.

Or that should be mentioned on PROBLEMS?

Best Regards