Re: Do not show a TODO item in the global TODO list until certain date?

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: Do not show a TODO item in the global TODO list until certain date?
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2022 17:26:13 +0200

Hi Angel,

Angel de Vicente <angel.vicente.garrido@gmail.com> writes:

> As per the example I was giving, I don't want that entry to be scheduled
> for October 16 (and thus clutter my agenda view), I just want it to be
> visible in my Global TODO list from that date, so then, depending on how
> busy I'm around that date, then I can decide when to schedule it for.

Another option is to define an agenda view that only shows TODO items
for today, with `org-agenda-span' set to 1 --- something like this:

(setq org-agenda-custom-commands
  '(("A" "Today's tasks" agenda "Tasks for today"
    ((org-agenda-span 1)
     (org-agenda-files '("~/org/bzg.org"))
     (org-deadline-warning-days 0)
     (org-agenda-sorting-strategy
       '(deadline-up todo-state-up priority-down))))))

HTH,

--
 Bastien