Re: Use lexical-scoping in tests

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: Use lexical-scoping in tests
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2022 22:22:22 +0800

>> The fix is in preparation, but obviously I had tested my patch
>> incorrectly (i.e. I probably compiled and tested another code than the
>> one I had patched).
>
> OK, here's a better version.  As you can see, it's not nearly as simple.

Thanks!
This new version passes all the tests on my side.
However, I have a few questions about FIXME items.

> +             ;; FIXME: `s' is a symbol, so (car-safe s) is always nil.
> +             ;;(when (eq 'autoload (car-safe s))
> +             ;;  (unintern s obarray))
> +             ))))

If I understand correctly, the intended version of this code is supposed
to be

  (when (autoloadp (symbol-function s))
    (unintern s obarray))

the idea being "unloading" all the built-in org-related staff.
However, make test will be failing then with byte-compiler error.
I feel that the idea of the code is reasonable, but some detail of how
autoloads work in Emacs is missed.

> +        ;; FIXME: For the rare cases where we do need to mess with windows,
> +           ;; we should let `body' take care of displaying this buffer!
>          (setq buffer (find-file file))

Could you please elaborate about this fixme?

--
Ihor Radchenko,
Org mode contributor,