Re: Reinstalling compat fixed everything breaking

From: William Denton
Subject: Re: Reinstalling compat fixed everything breaking
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2022 14:02:58 -0400 (EDT)

On 14 September 2022, Charles Philip Chan wrote:

I am seeing the same problem. However, it did not resolve for me after upgrading
the compat library to the current git version. I am still getting:

,----
| Warning (emacs): Org version mismatch.  Make sure that correct ‘load-path’ is
| set early in init.el This warning usually appears when a built-in Org version
is
| loaded prior to the more recent Org version.
`----

during "make install". I never had this problem before.

I've never done a "make install" because I run it from the source tree,¹ so maybe that's why my configuration works now but yours still doesn't. I hope someone who knows more about all this can pitch in.

Bill

¹ Configured so:

(use-package org
    :pin manual
    :load-path "/usr/local/src/org-mode/lisp"
    :init
    ;; Lots of stuff here
)

--