Re: per-file (or, really, per buffer) allowing/disallowing code block ex

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: per-file (or, really, per buffer) allowing/disallowing code block execution
Date: Thu, 08 Sep 2022 13:53:49 +0800

Greg Minshall <minshall@umich.edu> writes:

> for me the use case is 1) disabling all (or setting to "query") when,
> e.g., you are exporting some file you received via e-mail and so trust
> *none* of the code blocks; 2) enabling all for some file that you
> yourself maintain, and so trust *all* the code blocks.  at least
> initially, this seems a nice direction.

Then, what about the following:

1. Set org-confirm-babel-evaluate globally to t
2. In the files you maintain, you can always put
   file-local/directory-local value of org-confirm-babel-evaluate to
   nil.
3. We can modify org-babel-confirm-evaluate _function_ to accept four
   possible answers: yes, no, yes for all in buffer, no for all in
   buffer. The extra 2 options will set buffer-local value of
   org-confirm-babel-evaluate in the current Emacs session.

--
Ihor Radchenko,
Org mode contributor,