Simple but repetitive http links

From: Perry Smith
Subject: Simple but repetitive http links
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2022 08:05:37 -0500

I'm new to Org mode.  I found this page
https://orgmode.org/manual/Link-Abbreviations.html about Link
Abbreviations but I wanted to report my confusion.

I added:

#+LINK: rails  https://rubyonrails.org

to my org file and then I wrote [[rails][Rails]] and when I clicked
the text, it asked me if I wanted to create a section.  I had to kill
the buffer and reload it to get it to work.  That's fine but I'm
wondering if there is a way to make it active without killing the
buffer.  And I also wanted to suggest adding something about that in
the manual.

Perhaps this is a common fact with many of Org modes features that I
missed somewhere?

Thank you for your time,
Perry