Re: Org Publish HTML and PDF With GPG Files

From: tomas
Subject: Re: Org Publish HTML and PDF With GPG Files
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2022 06:37:11 +0200

On Mon, Sep 05, 2022 at 09:08:13PM -0700, David Masterson wrote:
> lehi@tosk.in writes:

> >> Thanks
>
> > Is there a specific way of setting this in the config?
> > I tried adding `(add-hook 'org-export-before-processing-hook
> > #'org-decrypt-entries)` to my init.el, but publishing fails with the
> > error "run-hook-with-args: Wrong number of arguments: (0 . 0), 1"
>
> Been awhile -- what's the purpose of the '#' character?

Its nickname is "sharp-quote" (actually the whole #' thingy is called
like that). As ' is just a shorthand for 'quote' (i.e. 'foo is a
shorthand for (quote foo), #' is a shorthand for 'function, i.e.
#'foo stands for (function foo), meaning "the function the symbol
foo refers to".

Being Emacs Lisp, you could just have said 'foo, but this has quite
a few downsides, one of them being that you blindside your compiler
(And your human readers).

Cheers