Re: Org-Crypt usage questions

From: David Masterson
Subject: Re: Org-Crypt usage questions
Date: Mon, 05 Sep 2022 13:46:19 -0700

> David Masterson <dsmasterson@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> I've gotten org-crypt working, but I have some questions:
>>
>> + after decrypting, can I re-encrypt with a new symmetric password?
>
> Yes. AFAIK, the symmetric password is never reused. Though it may depend
> on your gpg settings.

Hmm.  During the save of a file with an entry with "crypt" tag, I was
asked for a symmetric passwd.  The file was saved okay and the entry was
encrypted properly.  After reading the file back in, org-decrypt-entry
asked for the symmetric passwd and decrypted properly.  Later,
org-encrypt-entry did *not* ask for the passwd -- it just encrypted with
the previous passwd.  Then org-decrypt-entry also did *not* ask for the
passwd and decrypted properly.

What GPG settings would cause this?

--
David Masterson