Re: [BUG] org-element-cache [9.5.4 (release_9.5.4-766-gf3f60e @ /home/bo

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: [BUG] org-element-cache [9.5.4 (release_9.5.4-766-gf3f60e @ /home/boudiccas/git/org-mode/lisp/)]
Date: Sun, 04 Sep 2022 21:48:20 +0800

Sharon Kimble <boudiccas@skimble09.plus.com> writes:

>> Could you please add
>>
>> (setq org-element--cache-self-verify 'backtrace
>>       org-element--cache-self-verify-frequency 1.0)
>>
>> to your config and then try to reproduce the issue.
>> Then, report the backtrace.
>
> As follows but rather long I'm afraid.

Thanks! It is supposed to be that long.

>From the logs, I can see that you have some kind of hook that is running
before saving(?) buffer. That hook is doing something under
(with-silent-modifications ...) and hence Org caching code is missing
some buffer modifications.

Can you please check if you are using some third-party package that are
modifying the buffer on save?

--
Ihor Radchenko,
Org mode contributor,