Re: [BUG] Markdown export of description list with nested list [9.5.2 (r

From: Rohit Patnaik
Subject: Re: [BUG] Markdown export of description list with nested list [9.5.2 (release_9.5.2-25-gaf6f12 @ /usr/local/share/emacs/28.1/lisp/org/)]
Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2022 13:12:04 -0500

As I understand it, the bug is in `org-md-item'. It formats the tag portion of
the
description with **%s**, and then simply concatenates the content. This is fine
when the content is a simple string, but when the content includes line breaks
(i.e. when content is itself a list), it doesn't realize that it needs to
include a line break between the tag and the content.

ox-html handles this case correctly because ox-html distinguishes between plain
description lists.

I think this issue can be fixed by prefixing `contents' with a newline if `tag'
is present and `contents' itself contains multiple lines. However, this feels
like a hack, and I'd be open to better approaches.

-- Rohit