Re: [External] : Re: org-mode compile issue this morning - how to report

From: Gregor Zattler
Subject: Re: [External] : Re: org-mode compile issue this morning - how to report this?
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2022 22:26:01 +0200

Hi Daniel,
* Daniel Ortmann <daniel.ortmann@oracle.com> [2022-08-25; 09:36 -05]:
> FYI,
> https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=57394
>
> Lars at gnu says it is fixed in emacs 29
> The bug's web page says, more specifically, "bug marked as fixed in
> version 29.1"
>
> ... I can't find emacs 29.1; my 'git pull' still says 29.0 and I don't
> see any 29.1 branches available.
> I have not been able to test and verify the fix.

it's this commit on the emacs master branch:

commit b28b2cefaea0d7846ab9a45dc92f68ad00e92085
Author: Lars Ingebrigtsen <larsi@gnus.org>
Date:   Thu Aug 25 14:54:49 2022 +0200

    Fix warning about obsoleted generalized variables

    * lisp/emacs-lisp/bytecomp.el (byte-compile-warn-obsolete):
    Autoload so that the call here from gv.el (about obsolete
    generalized variables) doesn't bug out (bug#57394).

Do a git fetch --all; git pull on the emacs master branch
and you are able to test the fix.  I cannot tell since my
machine is slow and still in the early stadium of building
emacs.

Ciao; Gregor
--