Re: [Feature Request] Create an org-md-toplevel-hlevel variable to allow

From: Max Nikulin
Subject: Re: [Feature Request] Create an org-md-toplevel-hlevel variable to allow users to set the level of top level headings in markdown export
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2022 19:03:19 +0700

On 21/08/2022 22:11, Rohit Patnaik wrote:
Since md backend is derived from html, is it necessary to define an
option specific to markdown or the value defined for HTML may be reused?
I am unsure which variant will be more convenient, so it is not more
than an idea that may be easily discarded.

I considered reusing the value from the HTML exporter, but I rejected it,
because the org-html-toplevel-hlevel defaults to 2. Reusing it would alter the
existing default behavior for markdown exports, which I thought was undesirable.

Thank you for clarification. I forgot that MarkDown has metadata block, while for HTML document title is the only option is <h1>. Of course, changing default is not an option and org-md-toplevel-hlevel is better.