Re: Suspected bug: '#+STARTUP: indent' messes up inlinetasks' tag alignm

From: Alain . Cochard
Subject: Re: Suspected bug: '#+STARTUP: indent' messes up inlinetasks' tag alignment
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2022 17:13:27 +0200

Ihor Radchenko writes on Sat 20 Aug 2022 15:20:

 > I have tested the patch on emacs-27.2, and it works just fine.  Can
 > you please check again using the newest development version of Org?

Indeed, now it works for me too.  Thanks.

 > > I noticed that the section of the manual
 > >
 > >    * Feedback::                     Bug reports, ideas, patches, etc.
 > >
 > > does not even contain the word 'patch'.  So I was thinking it might be
 > > a good idea to say a few words in that section about what patches are
 > > and how to apply them.
 >
 > Applying patches is out of scope of the manual.

Fair enough, but in that case shouldn't the word "patches" be removed
from "Bug reports, ideas, patches, etc."?

 > Next time, you can just ask to provide an alternative way of testing. I
 > can then just upload the patched version to an alternative repository.

Well, I was trying to save you some time so that you can spend it on
more constructive actions.  I succeeded, and learned things in the
process -- patching (at least basic concepts and actions) is
relatively simple, so I think it could easily be _within_ the scope of
the manual.

Regards

--
EOST (École et Observatoire des Sciences de la Terre)
ITE (Institut Terre & Environnement) | alain.cochard@unistra.fr