Re: Bug? org-id-find not finding some IDs

From: Jack Kamm
Subject: Re: Bug? org-id-find not finding some IDs
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2022 08:27:57 -0700

> I suggest to bind org-id-track-globally to nil file-locally in that
> backup file.

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried it out, and it initially seemed to
work, but eventually the backup file ended up in org-id-files. It seems
like there is more than one way that files may be added to org-id-files,
and not all will respect a locally-set org-id-track-globally.

However, I found another solution: we can use write-region to append the
entry to org-caldav-backup.org, without opening it. Then this avoids the
problem in normal usage of org-caldav: org-caldav-backup.org won't end
up in org-id-files, since it won't be open in Emacs. I've updated my PR
to org-caldav accordingly.

> If necessary, we may add an extra customization like
> org-id-exclude-files to explicitly exclude files from ID tracking.

I think this would be nice, but it isn't necessary for the time being,
since I found another solution for org-caldav, as described above.