Re: Suspected bug: '#+STARTUP: indent' messes up inlinetasks' tag alignm

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: Suspected bug: '#+STARTUP: indent' messes up inlinetasks' tag alignment
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2022 15:20:53 +0800

Alain.Cochard@unistra.fr writes:

>  > Can you try the attached patch?
>
> The problem is solved if I use emacs 28.1 (thanks a lot), but not for
> emacs 27.2...

Applied onto main via ccca8549a.
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs/org-mode.git/commit/?id=ccca8549a2fe3158ad41603eedc8ba427a240df5

I have tested the patch on emacs-27.2, and it works just fine.
Can you please check again using the newest development version of Org?

> PS: I have had only a very limited and ancient experience with
> patches, so it was not immediate for me to try your patch.  While
> working on it, I noticed that the section of the manual
>
>    * Feedback::                     Bug reports, ideas, patches, etc.
>
> does not even contain the word 'patch'.  So I was thinking it might be
> a good idea to say a few words in that section about what patches are
> and how to apply them.

Applying patches is out of scope of the manual.
Next time, you can just ask to provide an alternative way of testing. I
can then just upload the patched version to an alternative repository.

--
Ihor Radchenko,
Org mode contributor,