Re: how to concatenate string to spreadsheet formula

From: edgar
Subject: Re: how to concatenate string to spreadsheet formula
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2022 08:22:59 +0000

On 2022-08-15 14:40, Fraga, Eric wrote:
Hi Edgar,

I did not quite understand what you actually were calculating but maybe
consider the following expression for table formulas:

#+TBLFM: $3='(format "%s\\textwidth" (/ (* 1.0 $2) $1));N

If you specify ";N", the entries are treated as numbers.  The problem
with division is that if both numbers are integers, integer division is
used so I multiply one of the arguments by 1.0 to ensure floating point
numbers.

HTH,
eric

Aha! Thank you very much.

This free account was provided by VFEmail.net - report spam to abuse@vfemail.net

ONLY AT VFEmail! - Use our Metadata Mitigator to keep your email out of the
NSA's hands!
$24.95 ONETIME Lifetime accounts with Privacy Features! 15GB disk! No bandwidth quotas! Commercial and Bulk Mail Options!