Re: Bad save performance on `main` branch

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: Bad save performance on `main` branch
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2022 07:08:53 +0800

Ragnar Groot Koerkamp <ragnar.grootkoerkamp@gmail.com> writes:

> Steps to reproduce are already in [1], but I hope the profiles below should
> give a start at finding the cause of this issue.

I am sorry, but I am unable to reproduce anything using the provided
.org file. The file contains references to non-existing bibliography.

Could you please detail the steps starting from emacs -Q?

> org-export-copy-buffer
>   5039  64%                                              - #<compiled
> 0x282f7cab5f98f9e>
>   4994  63%                                               - org-mode
>   4499  57%                                                - run-mode-hooks
>   4485  57%                                                 - run-hooks

This is very odd. org-export-copy-buffer explicitly disables all the
mode hooks:

          ;; Set major mode. Ignore `org-mode-hook' as it has been run
          ;; already in BUFFER.
          (let ((org-mode-hook nil) (org-inhibit-startup t)) (org-mode))

--
Ihor Radchenko,
Org mode contributor,