Re: Bug: Table does not align if there is non-breaking space [9.4.3 (9.4

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: Bug: Table does not align if there is non-breaking space [9.4.3 (9.4.3-elpa @ /home/data1/protected/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20201216/)]
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2022 07:40:13 +0300

* Ihor Radchenko <yantar92@gmail.com> [2022-08-13 14:47]:
> Jean Louis <bugs@gnu.support> writes:

> > |       Date | Description                     | Expense |
> > |------------+---------------------------------+---------|
> > | 2022-08-12 | Buying store, PRN 2230001079059 |  -50000 |
> > | 2022-08-12 | Mobile money agent              |   -2000 |
> > | 2022-08-13 |                                 |         |
> > |------------+---------------------------------+---------|
> > |            |       TOTAL                     |         |
> >
> > I would actually like "TOTAL" to be right aligned, but instead I have
> > tried inserting some non-breaking space before the word, and then
> > table does not align well with it. My font is fixed width, so it
> > should align correctly.
>
> Could you please detail what you mean by does not align well?
> Your table looks fine on my side.

See attached frameshot.

I can see that it aligns well in `emacs -Q'. However no matter what
theme I tried in running Emacs I could not get it to align. Do you
know by what does that alignment depends? Then I could maybe remove
that dependency.

> I do not know how to set the cell alignment individually without
> changing the whole column.

Is there a way to insert total in the next table for the previous table?

Then I could do something like this:

|       Date | Description | Amount |
|------------+-------------+--------|
| 2022-08-14 | Something   |     10 |
| 2022-08-14 | Someting    |     20 |
|------------+-------------+--------|

|------+-------+-------|
| <10> | <r11> | <6>   |
|      | TOTAL | XXXXX |

Then I could do some formula to place total from first table in the second
table where is XXX?

--
Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns