Re: change headings to list but have a nested numeration?

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: change headings to list but have a nested numeration?
Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2022 17:53:18 +0800

Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> writes:

>> FYI, we have a built-in org-num-mode.
>
> Thanks for pointing this out to me, but it does not work for lists only for
> headings (as its doc string explains), but lists are based on indenting so
> that seems a lot harder than headings

You are indeed right that org-num only works for headings.

As for lists, there is not as much difference actually, org-list-struct
is anyway parsed once you call something like org-element-at-point. One
can simply traverse the struct to determine that numbering.

Of course, someoneā„¢ must take the work and produce a patch for org-num.

Best,
Ihor