Re: org-encode-time bug

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: org-encode-time bug
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2022 10:03:59 +0800

Morgan Smith <Morgan.J.Smith@outlook.com> writes:

> I'm using emacs from commit f258f67 (quite recent) and org from commit
> 39005dc (quite recent).
>
> I'm using native compilation and PGTK.

> Debugger entered--Lisp error: (invalid-function org-encode-time)
>   org-encode-time((0 0 0 21 7 2022 4 t -14400))
>   org-matcher-time("<2022-07-21 Thu 00:00>")
>   org-clock-get-table-data(...)
>   org-dblock-write:clocktable(...)
>   org-update-dblock()
>   org-ctrl-c-ctrl-c(nil)
>   funcall-interactively(org-ctrl-c-ctrl-c nil)
>   command-execute(org-ctrl-c-ctrl-c)

org-encode-time is defined in org-macs.el in the latest Org, but _not_
in built-in Org. What you are seeing is most likely caused by "mixed"
installation of Org when part of Org is loaded from built-in Org
distribution coming from Emacs.

> I was able to reproduce this with 'emacs -Q'
>
> When trying to update a clocktable I get the following backtrace (with a
> little bit removed).

Could you please detail on what you did to load the latest org with
Emacs -Q? Using purely emacs -Q cannot trigger the error simply because
org-encode-time is absent in the built-in Org.

Best,
Ihor