Re: ChangeLog.org

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: Re: ChangeLog.org
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2022 06:53:18 +0200

>>> "FE" == Fraga, Eric <e.fraga@ucl.ac.uk> writes:

> On Thursday, 21 Jul 2022 at 18:03, Uwe Brauer wrote:
>> Does somebody know about a package that support orgmode style of
>> ChangeLog *without* relying on git or magit (I am a mercurial user)

> I cannot see the file you linked to but maybe vc-update-change-log will
> do what you want, being version control system agnostic?

I think I explained myself rather badly

    1. Usually my workflow is:

       1. add-change-log-entry-other-window, which add an entry to the
          ChangLog file

       2. Then I run vc-checkin (or vc-dir)

    2. This results basically in what you are suggesting, however the
       resulting file is in ChangeLog mode

However I would also like to have ChangeLog file that is in org-mode
using org syntax. Lately I have seen quite a bit files ChangeLog.org
(and of course a lot of README.org) files.

So the question is, how to generate this file. Maybe there is a
ChangeLog-->ChangeLog.org exporter/converter?

https://github.com/johnlepikhin/el-conventional-changelog/blob/master/conventional-changelog.el

--
I strongly condemn Putin's war of aggression against the Ukraine.
I support the ban of Russia from SWIFT.