Re: org-set-properties for various (all) headings

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: Re: org-set-properties for various (all) headings
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2022 07:31:50 +0200

>>> "KM" == Kaushal Modi <kaushal.modi@gmail.com> writes:

> On Tue, Jul 19, 2022 at 12:58 PM Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> wrote:
>>
>> > On Tue, Jul 19, 2022, 10:54 AM Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> wrote:
>>
>> > Try replacing the `org-set-property` form to:
>>
>> > (org-set-property "New" "[]")
>>
>> This does not anything (besides garbage collecting)
>>

> Did you replace only the `org-set-property` form with my suggestion?

This is what you said.
> In any case, I got to a computer and I tested that to work alright.

> =====
> * Over
> :PROPERTIES:
> :ID:       ef19f286-8769-4fe7-8f95-8167691257a0
> :COLUMNS:  %5TODO(Status) %5NR(Nr)
> :foo:      Over

Aha, *great* thanks a ton. That really really saved my day.

Two comments though

    1. It works, if the source block is at the beginning of the file 😉

    2. I confess I don't understand anymore the use of `(let ((el
(org-element-at-point)))':

       a. In your first version you used the defined «el», but know you
          don't, hm just saying.

In any case thanks again for this very valuable advice. I suggest to
include it somehow in the documentation, since I believe that other
users have encountered similar situations.

Regards

Uwe Brauer