Re: Confused about source code blocks evaluation when exporting

From: Fraga, Eric
Subject: Re: Confused about source code blocks evaluation when exporting
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2022 07:06:17 +0000

On Wednesday, 13 Jul 2022 at 23:06, Alain.Cochard@unistra.fr wrote:
> Now I start again, but I do 'C-c C-e l o' instead.  I am _not_ asked
> whether I want to evaluate, and the 'foo' file is still there.  But
> the pdf file does display
>
> rm -f foo
>
> Does this still qualify as "evaluation"?  I thought not, hence my
> conclusion that evaluation was not performed by default upon export,
> but you made me doubt it...

If you do not specify either ":exports results" or ":exports both", then
the exporter doesn't output the results and hence there is no need to
evaluate the src block.

The manual is indeed a bit vague about this so suggestions for
improvements are always welcome.

--
Eric S Fraga, @ericsfraga:matrix.org, GnuPG: 0xc89193d8fffcf67d