Re: index for HTML export

From: Jens Lechtenboerger
Subject: Re: index for HTML export
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2022 08:13:26 +0200

On 2022-07-13, Fraga, Eric wrote:

> Publishing works, in the sense that my org file is exported to HTML just
> fine.  An index file is created but is not populated with any index
> links.  What am I missing?  The info page is less than helpful
> unfortunately.  Are index lines, e.g.
>
> #+index: test!org publishing
>
> processed in any way?

Over here, yes: https://oer.gitlab.io/OS/index-terms.html

I use this in my publish code:

           (list "org-presentations"
                 :base-directory "."
                 :base-extension "org"
                 :makeindex oer-reveal-publish-makeindex
                 :exclude
"index\\|backmatter\\|config\\|course-list\\|license-template\\|imprint\\|privacy\\|README\\|CONTRIBUTING\\|CHANGELOG"
                 :publishing-function
oer-reveal-publish-org-publishing-functions
                 :publishing-directory "./public")

where oer-reveal-publish-makeindex is t and my publish.el makes sure
to publish to HTML:
https://gitlab.com/oer/OS/-/blob/master/elisp/publish.el

  (list "index-terms"
        :base-directory "."
        ;; A file theindex.org (which includes theindex.inc)
        ;; is created due to assignment to
        ;; oer-reveal-publish-makeindex above.
        ;; Using that setting, the file is automatically published with
        ;; org-re-reveal, which is useless.
        ;; Thus, publish as HTML here.  For this to work, index-terms.org
        ;; is a manually created file including theindex.inc.
        ;; The preparation and completion functions below set up an
        ;; advice on org-html-link to rewrite links into presentations
        ;; using org-re-reveal's anchor format.
        :include '("index-terms.org")
        :exclude ".*"
        :preparation-function 'oer-reveal--add-advice-link
        :completion-function 'oer-reveal--remove-advice-link
        :publishing-function '(org-html-publish-to-html)
        :publishing-directory "./public")

So, do you see theindex.org and theindex.inc?  Do you publish the
former?

Best wishes
Jens