Re: Recent folding issues

From: Jack Kamm
Subject: Re: Recent folding issues
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2022 07:50:33 -0700

Hi Ihor,

> Can you try the attached patch set?

Thanks for the very prompt patchset!

Testing on the minimal example, the patchset solves the problem I
reported.

After some brief testing with my usual config, it solves the problem of
headlines running together after capture, and also solves the problem of
unfolding the above headline when calling evil-open-above (vim's "O"
key).

I'm still having some issues with evil-open-below (vim's "o" key). I
don't have a minimal config for this yet -- it requires the 3rd party
package evil, and I'm not sure if emacs has a built-in equivalent to
evil-open-below. But here's a description of what I observe.

Suppose I have an org file like this:

> * Headline 1
> ** Headline 1a
> ** Headline 1b
> *** Headline 1b1
>
> Stuff
>
> * Headline 2

Then I collapse the buffer to look like this:

> * Headline 1...
> * Headline 2

If I put the cursor on Headline 1 and call evil-open-below, I don't
immediately see a new line, and the buffer looks as above, but with the
pointer "inside" the elipses. As soon as I start typing, it will unfold
the last subheading of Headline 1, and the buffer looks like this after
I finished typing:

> * Headline 1
> *** Headline 1b1
>
> Stuff
>
> * New typing here
> * Headline 2

And also I got the message:

> org-fold-check-before-invisible-edit--text-properties: Edit in invisible
> region aborted, repeat to confirm with text visible

Whereas with org-fold-core-style set to "overlays", I get the old
behavior -- after typing "o" on Headline 1, I see this:

> * Headline 1...
>
> * Headline 2

With the pointer on the new line, and after typing I see: