Re: change headings to list but have a nested numeration?

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: Re: change headings to list but have a nested numeration?
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2022 07:04:27 +0200

> Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> writes:

> AFAIK, using "-" is hard-coded in org-toggle-item.
> Also, 1.1 is not a valid list bullet.

> So, you need to implement alternative bullet support yourself.
> Patches are welcome!

I see, several observations.

    1. For headings there is a third party package called
       ‘org-outline-numbering.el’. Which provides a mode that display
       headings in such a numbering scheme, however using overlays, as
       far as I can see.

    2. Headings are much more robust since the use an unique syntax in
       form of *, on the other hand list depend heavily on indentation. So,
       again, third party packages such as
       org-transform-tree-table/toggle transform trees to table and
       back, however if a table contain a list that looses its
       indentation when transforming from a table to tree. That is not
       really a concern for org vanilla but a sign that lists are more
       delicate since the depend on indentation.

Regards

Uwe Brauer

--
I strongly condemn Putin's war of aggression against the Ukraine.
I support the ban of Russia from SWIFT.