Re: org-cature-ref

From: Henrik Frisk
Subject: Re: org-cature-ref
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2022 18:53:48 +0200

Den tis 12 juli 2022 17:51Henrik Frisk <frisk.h@gmail.com> skrev:

Den tors 7 juli 2022 kl 12:48 skrev Ihor Radchenko <yantar92@gmail.com>:
Henrik Frisk <frisk.h@gmail.com> writes:

> Ihor Radchenko recently mentioned org-capture-ref and I decided to try to
> use it, but I'm having trouble getting it to work. I have org-protocl
> working for me so I'm suspecting that it is the syntax of the bookmarklet
> I'm using that is at fault. I merely changed the capture template key from
> the example here:
>
> https://github.com/alphapapa/org-protocol-capture-html#org-protocol-instructions
>
> but that doesn't work (I get an empty buffer with what looks as the the
> link contents as name). Apart from that I have just copied the template
> from here:

Do I understand correctly that you used the following bookmarklet:

_javascript_:location.href = "">
?

Is so, you probably need

org-protocol://capture?template...
instead of
org-protocol://capture-html?template...

Thanks, that was the issue and it works fine now. However, I can't seem to get the org-capture-ref-get-bibtex-field to work by simply replacing org-capture-ref-headline-format with it. Not sure where the ":bibtex-string" should go in the template which is probably why it doesn't work.

/h

Failed to reply to list. Sorry.