Re: [possible patch] Basic fontspec code for LuaLaTeX and XelaTeX (was "

From: Stefan Nobis
Subject: Re: [possible patch] Basic fontspec code for LuaLaTeX and XelaTeX (was "LaTeX export: when is it more useful...")
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2022 10:05:01 +0200

Juan Manuel Macías <maciaschain@posteo.net> writes:

> 1. There could be a defcustom, something like 'org-latex-use-fontspec'
> (I would vote for nil by default).

I would vote to activate this by default.

> (format
>  \\usepackage{iftex}
>  \\ifpdftex
>  \\relax
>  \\else
>  \\usepackage{fontspec}
>  \\usepackage{unicode-math}
>  \\defaultfontfeatures{Scale=MatchLowercase}
>  \\defaultfontfeatures[\\rmfamily]{Ligatures=TeX}
>  \\setmainfont{%s}
>  \\setsansfont{%s}
>  \\setmonofont{%s}
>  \\fi
>  org-latex-fontspec-mainfont
>  org-latex-fontspec-sansfont
>  org-latex-fontspec-monofont)

I would prefer to make it easier to stick with the default fonts. So
only add the font selection commands (including defaultfontfeatures)
when the font variables are non-nil. If no font has been explicitly
chosen, just use the default (in case of lualatex Latin Modern).

For me, it does not matter whether the 'org-latex-fontspec-*'
variables have a default of nil or set to the Free* fonts or something
else. For my configuration, I would set these variable to nil in order
to get the LaTeX default fonts and would like to go with the default
preamble of Org and then add to this on a per document basis.

This way, the whole configuration would be a little more composable, I
think.

--
Until the next mail...,
Stefan.